1 Jobs for Finance(Insurance) found
AccountantID:302114,000 SGD ~ 6,500 SGDCentral, City
The client is an insurance company that provides dedicated capacity and local representation to the Asia-Pacific region. This role will involve assisting the Regional Finance and Operations Director in most aspects of the Finance department’s work, with the main focus of the role being the preparation of quarterly Syndicate & Service Company accounts with commentary, regular reconciliations and analysis of key account balances, oversee the preparation of tax returns and statutory accounts, plus general internal reporting and other ad hoc project work.
Report to: Finance & Operations Director
Interview process: 1 to 2 rounds with HR and Hiring Manager (Operations director)
【What will you be working on】
• Maintain both Syndicate and Service Company accounts including timely monthly, quarterly and yearly closing of accounts.
• Manage and monitor outstanding debtors and provide monthly updates for the team in London, includes reconciling cash collections and unallocated cash and responsible for Accounts Receivable.
• Service Co - Responsible for Accounts Payable & Receivable (AR back-up) and reconcile expense recharges.
• Manage and reconcile Loss Bordereaux fund held with Xchanging and ensure that the claims transactions are recorded timely and correctly into the finance system.
• Ensure GST transactions updated by Xchanging are recorded timely and correctly into the Charisma system and are correctly reported in the quarterly Syndicate GST returns.
• Accurate and timely submission of Service Company’s quarterly GST Return.
• Assist in office expense reports, cash flow and investment accounting.
• Maintain general ledger and ensure all accounting records are taken up timely and accurately with adequate reconciliations including bank reconciliation.
• Ensure all regulatory returns are prepared accurately and in compliance with local reporting requirements (Singapore and Labuan) which include :
• Quarterly and annual reporting to regulatory bodies, such as MAS, Lloyd’s Asia, IRAS-GST, ACRA and LFSA (Labuan).
• Quarterly and year-end reporting to Head Office.
• Annual financial statements for both Service Companies.
• Other business statistical surveys.
• Prepare monthly reports to Head Office.
• Ensure proper reconciliation of accounts between counterparts in China and head office
• Prepare and liaise with appointed tax agent on corporate tax issues and to ensure all annual tax returns are completed and filed on time.
• Co-ordinate with the appointed corporate secretariat to ensure timely filing of resolutions, such as annual AGM and other matters.
• Maintain contact with Lloyd’s Asia & to be aware of key accounting and regulatory requirements issued by the regulatory bodies.
• Responsible for audit planning and liaise with internal & external auditors on audit issues.
• Liaise with banks and external clients on operational issues.
• Communicate with Head Office on any key issues regarding accounting, tax and regulatory requirements and to recommend solutions
• Co-ordinate and liaising with MAS/IBF on training grants including preparing and timely submission of FSDF claim form bi-annually.
• Assist in implementing new accounting and/or underlying systems.
• Advise, assist and service customers on insurance and risk matters to promote customers’ satisfaction;
• Foster positive relationships with Customers and attain an understanding of their needs;
• Ensure that Customer Complaints are promptly identified, recorded and referred as appropriate; and,
• Ensure that the principles of Treating Customers Fairly are upheld by Agents and Service Providers.
• Any other duties as assigned by the Finance & Ops Director.
【What they are offering】
- VB (1 to 2 months)
- 14 days AL
- WFH opportunities