Japanese Chef (Japanese Language)ID:291495,000 SGD ~ 6,500 SGDWest, Central, City
Cook, Chief Cook, Other(Restaurant)
Food Services, Real Estate
We pride ourselves on the range of spirits we stock. A few of these are extremely are, produced in limited amounts or are simply not available anymore.
We are also delighted to share our restaurant Daiginjo label, crafted exclusively by Watanabe Sahei. It is brewed with the finest spring water from the snow-capped Nantai and Nyohu mountains, using Hyogo prefecture’s unparalleled Yamada Nishiki rice to produce a well-balanced sake with an aromatic note of pineapple, with underlying hints of banana, melon and peach on the nose.
• Ensure efficient running and daily operations of the outlet under purview.
• Control and monitor the optimum food cost to yield the maximum amount of outlet profit and maximum guest satisfaction.
• Check that the quality of food prepared by staff meets the required standard and make necessary adjustments.
• Monitors food quality and quantity to ensure the most economical usage of ingredients.
• Assist in daily purchasing and receiving of goods and ensure the quality of goods delivered by suppliers.
• Follow Food & Beverage Safety and Hygiene policies and procedures and ensure proper storage methods.
• Plan monthly roster to ensure smooth operations and high productivity.
• Create new menu items, seasonal/ daily specials and determine menu selections with the Japanese Head Chef.
• Oversee the cleanliness, hygiene and maintenance of the kitchen and undertakes steps necessary to maintain the highest possible standard in this area.
• Manage the training functions and ensure all staff are certified in their position before taking charge of an area of responsibility.
• Monitor staff performance in all phases of job functions, ensuring that all procedures are carried out to restaurant standards, provide direct coaching when necessary.
• Exhibit Japanese culinary talent and expertise by performing tasks while leading and coaching the staff and managing all food related production
• Assume duties and responsibilities in the absence of the Japanese Head Chef
• Diploma in Culinary with minimum 8 years of experience in Japanese cuisine of which 3 years is in sushi and sashimi Counter
• Ability to lead both hot kitchen and sushi and sashimi counter
• Excellent sense of taste and creativity in food presentation
• Strong leadership skills to lead, manage, train and motivate staff
• Team player with good and effective communication and interpersonal skills
The scope of duties and responsibilities may be enlarged or reduced at the Management’s discretion, depending on the requirements of the Management’s assessment of your performance.
10:00 ~ 23:00
High Edge modern Japanese restaurant.
Housing Allowance: $3,000
Insurance Allowance: $500
Annual Leave: 16 days
Family Care leave: 2 days
Medical Leave: 14 days
Hospitalization Leave: 60 days (inclusive of 14 days medical leave)
Yearly return air ticket kept at $2,000 (Economic Class)