This job is closed
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)ID:272938,000 SGD ~ 12,000 SGDCity
Software/Information Processing, Other
- Based on the assumption that the CFO has proper staffing to address accounting and treasury functions.
- If not, the CFO is probably really fulfilling the job of a controller, while also handling cash management and risk planning activities on the side. Also,
- This position is frequently filled by people with strong fund-raising backgrounds, rather than those with accounting expertise
- This is particularly likely to be the case when a strong controller is on staff who can handle all accounting functions.
- The chief financial officer position is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy
- The ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
Principal accountabilities are below
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
- Manage the accounting, human resources, investor relations, legal, tax, and treasury departments
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations
- Manage any third parties to which accounting or finance functions have been outsourced
- Oversee the company's transaction processing systems
- Implement operational best practices
- Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package
- Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions
- Oversee the issuance of financial information
- Personally review and approve all Form 8-K, 10-K, and 10-Q filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission
(if the company is publicly held)
- Report financial results to the board of directors
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Arrange for debt and equity financing
- Invest pension funds
- Third Parties
- Participate in conference calls with the investment community
- Maintain banking relationships
- Represent the company with investment bankers and investors
- Master's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation.
- Should have experience in partnering with an executive team
- have a high level of written and oral communication skills
- Preference will be given to candidates with an MBA in Finance
- The Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.
- If the company has extensive overseas operations, it may also be necessary to include a language requirement to liaise with native overseas clients.
- If the company is a small one, then the chief financial officer may also take on the role of the controller.
- If the company operates in an industry that requires specialized accounting knowledge, then include an industry experience requirement of at least two years.
9am ~ 6pm
To be confirmed.